What we’re reading online this week.
A big part of Blue House Sales Group approach is taking the time to stay as up-to-date as possible on the latest association news, marketing updates and sales tips. As we all continue to grapple with so much uncertainty, we thought it would be helpful to share a few of the most relevant stories we’ve been swapping with each other from around the web.
Here’s our reading list:
- The term “the new normal” has been talked about a lot lately, but what will it really look like? Harvard Business Review outlines three behavioral trends to expect in our “post-covid” world.
- “Identify your true purpose in people’s lives so in moments of crisis like this your role in their life is cemented and relevant.” Read about how AARP has adapted its marketing and communications for the pandemic. | DIGIDAY
- As certain parts of the country start to open up again, it’s important for associations to prioritize safety when planning future meetings. To help, the International Association of Convention Centres (AIPC), the International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA) and the Global Association of the Exhibition Industry (UFI) have released a “global good practice guide” that promotes emerging standards for business events.
- Workplace bias has been an important issue in recent years—and it hasn’t gone away just because more business is taking place online now. Associations Now examines five kinds of organizational bias that could be detrimental to your remote meetings.
- With all of the uncertainty surrounding so many different aspects of life right now, consumers’ priorities are shifting—and their trust in brands is more delicate than ever. This article in Forbes explores key actions brands need to take in order to maintain consumer loyalty and trust.
- We’re always keeping an eye out for new sales strategies. Check out these tips on closing a deal from Entrepreneur.
- With so much still in flux, organizations and associations are starting to brainstorm new strategic ways to off-set budgetary changes. This article from MultiBriefs offers some ideas for generating new revenues.
- Though the concerns around the economic impact of the pandemic remain top of mind, the majority of consumers are not ready to go back to business as usual just yet. According to a new survey from Resonate, most people are waiting for a COVID-19 vaccine before returning to travel, hotels, large-scale events and more. Our publication Sleep Retailer has the details on all of this survey’s findings.