What we’re reading online this week.
A big part of Blue House Sales Group approach is taking the time to stay as up-to-date as possible on the latest association news, marketing updates and sales tips. As we all continue to grapple with so much uncertainty, we thought it would be helpful to share a few of the most relevant stories we’ve been swapping with each other from around the web.
Here’s our reading list:
- Still getting used to virtual business meetings? The Harvard Business Review has tips for how to elevate your presence in digital discussions.
- Though the two may look different, a virtual conference can be just as valuable as an in-person event—if you plan it right. Check out these 5 strategies for optimizing your virtual event from Trade Show News Network.
- There’s no doubt that this quarantine will have a lasting impact on the world of B2B marketing and association sales. Here’s how one marketer expects strategy to evolve in our new “WFH World” | Mar Tech Advisor
- What is an essential purchase right now? Well, your conclusion may be different this week than last. New research explores how consumers’ ideas around which purchases are “indulgent” evolves over the course of isolation. | Forbes
- According to MMGY Travel Intelligence, experts are expecting that destination marketing organizations will re-up their marketing strategy come June, after reducing their paid promotional efforts significantly. Read more in Travel Pulse.
- In such an unprecedented moment as this one, you have to throw out your existing rulebook. Creativity and experimentation are the keys to creating a truly memorable virtual event. | Associations Now
- Tracking travel plans throughout the country, Harris Poll found that two-thirds of Americans are not likely to travel for at least three months after the pandemic has subsided. | Forbes
- Being a digitally-savvy association is about more than just having all the latest technologies and platforms. It’s about how you teach your employees to use them. Learn more about adopting a “digital-first culture” from Associations Now.
- Still a little unsure about transitioning to virtual conferences? Here’s how three different associations were able to successfully quickly switch gears on their meetings. | ASAE